We offer a number of ways in which you can order a repeat prescription. Please note that we no longer take repeat prescription requests over the telephone, nor can we accept requests from a pharmacy on your behalf.
Methods to request a repeat prescription are:
- Online repeat prescription ordering via the link at the top of this page.
- Write a note including your name, DOB and address along with details of the medication(s) you require and post the request in one of the repeat prescription post boxes situated on the pedestrian gate and within the porch area of the main entrance to the building
- Retain the right hand side of the prescription and tick the medication(s) that you require and post the request in one of the repeat prescription post boxes situated on the pedestrian gate and within the porch area of the main entrance to the building.
- Email the practice at firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, DOB, address and details of the medication(s) you require.
- Visit the surgery and speak to the receptionist at the desk.
Prescription Turnaround Time
We kindly request that you allow 48 hours from day of your request for your prescription to be ready for collection.
For requests made on a Friday, please allow until the following Tuesday for collection.
A repeat prescription is a medication that your clinician has authorised to be supplied for a certain period of time on a regular basis without needing to be seen each time.
Review dates will be scheduled and to continue to receive the medication on repeat prescription it is important that you attend for your medication reviews.
On occassion you will find that a certain repeat item has not been dispensed and this maybe because your review is due. On such occassions only the clinician or pharmacist will be able to authorise the item, as a one off and until your review has been completed.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Medications prescribed on acute prescriptions are usually to treat a problem that has just occurred i.e. a sore throat, bad cough etc. They are usually only prescribed whilst in consultation with the clinician and are normally prescribed as a ‘one-off’ and not to be repeated again and again.
If you require a further dose of a medication that has been issued on an acute prescription, it is likely that you be asked to see the clinician in an appointment prior to this being re-prescribed. Please contact reception to make an appointment.
An acute prescription can be issued via the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) or on a paper prescription.
Patients can choose a pharmacy that they wish to nominate as their preferred pharmacy for use with the Electronic Prescription Service.
Golcar Delivery Pharmacy (GDP) 01484 646868 offers a free collection and delivery service for your medications, please ask staff for further details. GDP is owned in partnership by Pharmacists and Dr Ahmed of Fieldhead Surgery.
There are a number of other pharmacies local to the surgery, a selection are detailed below:
- ST Shaw Ltd, 38 Ton End, Golcar, Huddersfield HD7 4QD 01484 654274
- Well Pharmacy, 3 Market Street Milnsbridge, Huddersfield HD3 4HZ 01484 652599
- Cowersley Pharmacy, 903 Manchester Road, Cowersley, Huddersfield HD4 5SX 01484 652938
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.