Use the link above to order your repeat medication online
A repeat prescription is a medication that your clinician has authorised to be supplied for a certain period of time on a regular basis without needing to be seen each time. Review dates will be scheduled and to continue to receive the medication on repeat prescription, it is important that you attend for your medication reviews.
A repeat prescription can be issued via EPS (Electronic Prescription Service) or on a paper prescription.
How to Order a Repeat Prescription
We offer a number of ways in which you can order a repeat prescription. Please note that we no longer take repeat prescription requests over the telephone, nor can we accept requests from a pharmacy on you behalf.
Methods to request a repeat prescription are:
- Online repeat prescription ordering (please see Online Services for details on how to register to obtain a username & password to use this service)
- Write a note including your name, DOB and address along with details of the medication(s) you require and post the request in one of the repeat prescription post boxes situated on the pedestrian gate and within the porch area of the main entrance to the building
- Retain the right hand side of the prescription and tick the medication(s) that you require and post the request in one of the repeat prescription post boxes situated on the pedestrian gate and within the porch area of the main entrance to the building.
- Email the practice at firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, DOB, address and details of the medication(s) you require.
- Visit the surgery and speak to the receptionist at the desk.
Prescription Turnaround Time
We kindly request that you allow 48 hours from day of your request to your prescription being ready for collection. For requests made on a Friday, please allow until the following Tuesday for collection.
Electronic Prescription Service
We use the Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS) to enable your clinician to send prescriptions electronically to a dispensing pharmacy of your choice. Your medication will then be ready for collection or delivered to your home depending on the option you have set-up with the pharmacy. To set up an EPS account on your medical record, please speak to a member of reception who will provide you with a form. Alternatively you can sign up by visiting a pharmacy of your choice.
We continue to offer prescriptions in paper form should you not wish to use EPS.
Medications prescribed on acute prescriptions are usually to treat a problem that has just occurred i.e. a sore throat, bad cough etc. They are usually only prescribed whilst in consultation with the clinician and are normally prescribed as a ‘one-off’ and not to be repeated again and again. If you require a further dose of a medication that has been issued on an acute prescription, it is likely that you be asked to see the clinician in an appointment prior to this being re-prescribed. Please contact reception to make an appointment.
An acute prescription can be issued via the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) or on a paper prescription.
Patients can choose a pharmacy that they wish to nominate as their preferred pharmacy for use with the Electronic Prescription Service.
Golcar Delivery Pharmacy (GDP) 01484 646868 offers a free collection and delivery service for your medications, please ask staff for further details. GDP is owned in partnership by Pharmacists and Drs Joyner, Oliver, Oliver and Ahmed of Fieldhead Surgery.
There are a number of other pharmacies local to the surgery, a selection are detailed below:
ST Shaw Ltd, 38 Ton End, Golcar, Huddersfield HD7 4QD 01484 654274
Well Pharmacy, 3 Market Street Milnsbridge, Huddersfield HD3 4HZ 01484 652599
Cowersley Pharmacy, 903 Manchester Road, Cowersley, Huddersfield HD4 5SX 01484 652938